Stuffed Red Peppers with Spicy Sauerkraut
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 30 min
5 Large Red Peppers
1 cup Gnar Gnar
1 cup Rice
1/2 cup Olive oil
1 tbsp Minced basil leaves
1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli optional
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
1. Place all ingredients excluding the red peppers into a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. Remove the insides of the red peppers.
3. Next, fill the peppers with the mixture you just created. Once done filling, cut 1 red pepper into 4 smaller pieces to seal the tops of the filled peppers. This step will help keep the rice inside during the cooking process.
4. Place filled peppers upright into a small pot. Fill the small pot with water until it reaches 3/4 height of the filled peppers. Cook on low heat for 1 h 10 min.
5. Remove from pot and serve when peppers have softened to your preferred texture.
6. Serve with Dairy or non-dairy sour cream or yogurt (high fat)