Fennel Ranch Roasted Drumsticks
- 2 lb of chicken drumsticks (4 to 6)
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. of Backyard Ranch Dressing
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 tsp. kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place chicken into a large bowl.
- Trim the stalks and fronds off the fennel bulbs and set aside the fronds. Cut each bulb in quarters through the root. Cut each quarter into 1-inch-thick slices. Mince about 1 tablespoon of fennel fronds and add to the bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add to the bowl. Finely grate the zest of the lemon into the bowl. Juice the lemon and add the juice to the bowl.
- Add the Backyard Ranch, oil and white wine, season with the salt and black pepper, and toss to combine.
- Transfer the chicken mixture onto a large sheet pan. Arrange the chicken toward the center and the fennel surrounding it.
- Pour any remaining juices from the bowl over the chicken.
- Roast for about 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the fennel is tender and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Finish by broiling on high for 3 minutes (optional).
- Serve with Backyard Ranch and get saucy!
* If you do not have a convection setting on your oven, we recommend baking at 400°F for 30-40 minutes, then finishing it off with 4-5 minutes on Broil (high broil). *For additional Backyard Ranch flavor, you can marinade the wings in 1/4 cup of Backyard Ranch for 30 minutes prior to starting the recipe.