Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Garlic Kraut
2.5 lbs. pumpkin, peeled and chopped into large chunks
1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
3 cups vegetable or chicken broth/stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup cream, half & half or milk (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Roasted Garlic Kraut
1 tbsp. black pepper and sea salt
- Cut the pumpkin into slices and scrape off the seeds. Remove the skin from the slices. Cut into large chunks.
Place pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth and water into pot. Bring to boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cream or milk.
- Top with Roasted Garlic Kraut.
- Serve with crusty or toasted bread.
To make this recipe with canned pumpkin chunks or puree, you will need two cans. Add it in place of the pumpkin slices and follow recipe as is.