Kimchi Udon Noodle
5 tbsps. unsalted butter
1 cup Cleveland Kitchen Classic Kimchi
1/3 cup kimchi juice
2 tbsps. gochujang (Korean chili paste)
1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 16 oz. fresh or frozen udon noodles
Kosher salt, to taste
4 large egg yolks, optional
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Cleveland Kitchen Classic Kimchi and gochujang and cook, stirring occasionally, until kimchi is softened and lightly caramelized.
Add broth and kimchi juice to skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Separately, boil noodles according to package directions.
- Once noodles are cooked, transfer noodles to the skillet and add remaining 3 tbsp. butter; cook, tossing often, until sauce coats the noodles.
- Season with salt to taste. Divide among bowls and top with egg yolks (optional), scallions, and sesame seeds.
Add some bacon or pork to your Kimchi Udon Noodle Stir Fry for added protein. If you don't eat bacon or pork, you can substitute it with tempeh, beef or whichever protein you prefer!
Check out these other great recipes
Kimchi Grilled Cheese