Roasted Sweet Potato, Chickpeas, and Hail Caesar come together to create the perfect fall salad.
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. chil powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt & black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 heads of shredded kale
- 1 c. cucumber, sliced
- 2 avocados
- croutons, optional
- 1/3 c. shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl toss the sliced, sweet potatoes, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, chili powder, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Spread out on a large parchment-paper lined baking sheet, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the chickpeas and another drizzle of oil and toss. Return to oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- While that is cooking, massage the kale with remaining olive oil in a large salad bowl.
- Let the roasted veggies & chickpeas cool for 5 minutes, then toss in with the salad.
- Add Backyard Ranch and cucumbers and toss to coat. Serve topped with avocado slices, shredded parmesan, and croutons, if desired.
This is a tasty salad that works great as a meal prep! Simply hold off on adding the avocados and croutons, if using, until just before serving.