Beer-Braised Sausages and Classic Sauerkraut
- 4 cups Classic Caraway Kraut
- 1/2 lb Smoked bacon
- 2 Medium-large onions sliced thin
- 3 Medium carrots cut crosswise into 1/4-inch -thick slices
- 4 Medium potatoes sliced thick
- 3 cups Lager beer
- 10-12 Assorted smoked and precooked fresh sausages
- 1 cup Chicken or turkey broth
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Whole black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil if desired
- 1. Set your pressure cooker crockpot to Brown/ Sear. Cook bacon pieces over moderate heat, stirring, until golden.
2. Add onions. Cook mixture, stirring, until onions are softened.
3. Combine with bacon mixture, carrots, potatoes, beer, broth, bay leaves, salt, and peppercorns. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the Classic Caraway Kraut. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 60 min. Brown the sausages in a nonstick pan.
5. Once mixture is fully cooked, place 1-2 brats on each plate.