Here at Cleveland Kitchen, summer stirs up fond memories of the warm nights, cool drinks, and timeless moments that represent this laidback season.
To keep the good vibes going during summer’s home stretch this much-needed summer vacation, we’ve crafted our perfect list of delicious, simple, and crowd-pleasing grill recipes to excite everyone at your weekend cookout.
From mouth-watering ribs to vegan-friendly burgers and even healthy grilled salads, we have the tips, tricks, and fermented foods you need for an idyllic summer grill session in our Cleveland Kitchen Summer Grill Recipes:
1. Apple Butter BBQ Ribs
No list of summer BBQ recipes would be complete without an ample serving of ribs, and boy, do we have a doozy for you!
Harmonizing classic baby backs, apple butter, and good old Sweet Baby Ray’s with a tangy, crunchy kick of our Roasted Garlic Kraut, this caramelized delight offers oodles of classic cookout flavor and a yummy serving of fermented nutrients and probiotics.
Whether you’re a BBQ newbie or a verified pitmaster, this simple-to-follow Apple Butter Ribs recipe yields some delicious, tender meat fit for a warm sunset shared with friends:
- 2 full slabs of baby back spare ribs
- Cleveland Kitchen Roasted Garlic Kraut
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- ½ tbs. salt
- ½ tbs. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to 300°F.
- With a butter knife, remove the membrane under each slab of ribs by inserting the knife between the membrane and one of the bones, grab a few paper towels to pull the membrane completely.
- Mix the brown sugar, paprika, cayenne powder, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme in a small bowl then apply the rub on both sides of the ribs with your hands.
- Place the ribs on the grill for 45-60 min. Turn the ribs every 10-15 minutes.
- Add all the Apple Butter BBQ Sauce ingredients to a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Now, wrap the ribs in aluminum foil with 1 cup of the Apple Butter BBQ Sauce on top of each. Grill for an additional 1 hour at 300°F. Ribs are done when the meat has shrunk about 1 inch from the bones. Make sure to reach an internal temperature of 190°- 205° for the best taste and for food safety purposes.
- Once fully cooked, remove from foil and sear over direct heat for 20-30 seconds per side to caramelize the bbq sauce. Serve with a mountain of Roasted Garlic Kraut and Hasselback potatoes.
2. Roasted Garlic Chicken Wrap
If you’re a grilling newbie looking for easy summer cooking and mouth-watering flavor, our Roasted Garlic Chicken Wrap is the choice for you.
Even before you lovingly drop it on your toasty grill, the delicious aromas of our garlic dressing will excite your palate for the warm, meaty, cheesy, and flavorful meal that lies ahead.
As a yummy option that treats the taste buds and body right, this contemporary grilled classic will surely have your friends and family asking for seconds:
- 2 cups cooked grilled chicken breasts chopped seasoned with your favorite spices
- 1/4 cup Cleveland Kitchen’s Garlic Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- 4 eight-inch tortillas (choose tortilla type to match your diet)
- Place tortillas on a clean flat surface. Add 1/2 cup chicken, 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic dressing, 2 tablespoons of cheese, and 1 tablespoon of minced cilantro on each tortilla.
- Fold tightly to form a burrito shape.
- Heat a heavy-duty pan or grill to medium heat. Coat with a light layer of oil or cooking spray and cook wraps for approx. 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, slice in half, and serve immediately.
3. Southwestern Black Bean Burger
No cookout is complete without a burger, but who says your burger can’t be delicious and healthier for your body?
Our Black Bean Burger recipe offers the classic tastes of summer grilling in a delicious, plant-based package inspired by Southwestern cuisine and complete with the perfect mix of sharp cheese, fresh veggies, and crunchy, tangy kraut.
Make sure you get plenty of ingredients, as this diet-conscious take on a nostalgic favorite will have many a fan at your warm summer BBQ:
- Hilary’s Southwestern Adzuki Bean Burger
- cheddar cheese
- smashed Avocado
- iceberg lettuce
- Cleveland Kitchen’s Beet Red Kraut
- Grill black bean burger on medium heat.
- Top with cheddar cheese slice. Heat until melted.
- Add ingredients until burger is assembled.
4. Turkey Breast and Classic Caraway Panini
There’s something about a warm, crunchy panini that’s hard to top:
Fortunately for you, our fan-favorite Turkey Breast and Classic Caraway Panini gives it a delicious shot with its combination of juicy turkey, nutty Swiss cheese, fresh spinach, and robust, crunchy kraut between two inviting slices of whole-grain bread.
If you’re looking for an alternative grilled option to treat yourself or wow your guests, this simple meal is fun, fresh, and easy to prepare:
- 2 pieces sprouted whole-grain bread
- 2 oz. turkey breast
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. Cleveland Kitchen’s Classic Caraway Kraut
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning (optional)
- Drizzle olive oil over the outer side of the two slices of bread.
- Place swiss cheese, spinach, sauerkraut, and turkey between the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and start grilling.
- Put grill pan on medium heat and grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Classic Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
The modern cookout is many things, but stale isn’t one of them.
While ribs and burgers may rule the grill scene, the perfect balance of grilled meat, healthy veggies, and nutritious, gut-booting sauerkraut beckons.
Enter our Classic Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad:
This healthy grill recipe offers the perfect mix of tender, grilled chicken, fresh romaine, and classic “Caesar” flavor, making it worthy of a much-prized spot at your ideal summer picnic:
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- shaved parmesan
- 2 tbsp. Cleveland Kitchen’s Veggie Caesar dressing
- Prepare chicken (marinate with Veggie Caesar for extra flavor!) on the grill.
- Rinse, dry, and chop or tear romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, toss romaine, croutons, parmesan, and Veggie Caesar dressing.
- Top with sliced chicken breast and another drizzle of Veggie Caesar.
Bonus Tip: To make this delicious recipe keto-friendly, simply leave out the croutons. For more information and guidance on fermented veggies and the ketogenic diet, check out our Cleveland Kitchen Keto Guide.
Cleveland Kitchen’s Fermented Goodness
Now that you have a few summer recipes in your repertoire, it’s time to take your fermentation game up a notch with Cleveland Kitchen:
From our six flavors of crunchy, yummy sauerkraut to our classic, Korean-inspired kimchi and world-class range of tangy fermented veggie dressings, we have the delicious, nutritious, and probiotic-rich options to boost your diet in style.
For more flavorful, easy-to-make meals, check out our curated recipe selection to quickly find tasty, healthy options that support all ranges of tastes, lifestyles, and diets.
To learn more about Cleveland Kitchen and our nutrition mission, check out our About Us page, keep up with our blog, and check out our YouTube page for tips and how-tos on our delicious and healthy sauerkraut recipes.